The Defensive Driving Course is suitable for all drivers with all classes of Alberta driver’s licences. It focuses on the basic rules of the road, such as rules for stopping, turning and safe driving, as well as driver attitudes.
Where to take the course
- licensed driver training schools – organizations provide driver training to the public for a fee
- certified employee driver training agencies – organizations provide driver training to their employees
You will receive a Notice of Driver Education Course Completion form upon successful completion of the defensive driving course.
You can submit this form to any Alberta registry agent to get a maximum of 3 demerit points removed from your driving record. This can only be done once every 2 years.
- Demerit driving suspension
- Defensive Driving Courses Policy
- Online Driver Training Course: Requirements for Approval
Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC)
Commercial drivers can take this course on operating specific types of commercial vehicles. See the PDIC page for more information.
Connect with Driver Programs and Licensing Standards:
Driver Programs and Licensing Standards
1st Floor, Twin Atria Building
4999 98 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 2X3
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.