Order a courtroom transcript
How to order a Provincial Court or Court of Queen's Bench courtroom transcript.
Transcript Management Services will be moving to an electronic ordering payment system; please stay tuned for more details!
A transcript is:
- a record of what happened in court
- needed so that events can be reviewed
How to order
Step 1. Fill out the form
Request for Transcript (0.1 MB)
You can call Transcript Management Services to get assistance with filling in this form.
If you only need part of a court case transcribed, note its section(s) in the form’s Special Instruction area. Sections can include:
- a specific witness’s testimony
- final submissions
- submissions on sentencing
- reasons for judgment
- a complete morning or afternoon session
Step 2. Estimate your cost
When filling out the rate and estimated total section of the form, follow these steps:
- Choose your rate:
Service Rate per character 2 working days $0.0072 5 working days $0.0062 10 working days $0.0052 30 calendar days $0.0040
- Estimate how much court time, in minutes or hours, that needs to be transcribed
- Note: 1 hour of transcribed audio is approximately 45 pages.
- Estimate your transcript cost with either calculation:
Total minutes x 900 (characters per minute) x rate ($) = estimate ($)
Total hours x 54,000 (characters per hour) x rate ($) = estimate ($)
Estimate the total cost of your transcripts (0.1 MB)
- Estimate and add your copy fees:
Copy type Rate per page Hard copy or photocopy
- $0.4 at time of initial order
- $1 after delivery of initial order
- no-charge at time of initial order
- $0.4 after delivery of initial order
Step 3. Submit your documents
You will have to send Transcript Management Services the following documents:
- a completed Request for Transcript form (can also be submitted to a courthouse)
- copies of your:
- commencing documents (ones that brought a matter to court, such as an application, Statement of Claim, Indictment or other information
- endorsements (sheets of paper where the clerk / judge wrote down what happened each day in court)
Mail, fax or drop off your documents to a Transcript Management Services office:
Calgary Courts Centre
Suite 1901-N, 601-5th Street S.W
Calgary, Alberta T2P 5P7
Provides service for:
- Turner Valley
Sun Life Place
1000, 10123 99 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3H1
Red Deer Court House
4909 - 48th Avenue
Red Deer, Alberta T4N 3T5
Provides service for all jurisdictions not served by either Edmonton or Calgary.
Step 4. Pay for your transcript
Before Transcript Management Services prepares your transcript, you may be required to make a deposit in the full amount of its estimated cost.
Any outstanding costs must be paid in full before your transcript is released.
Rush orders and daily services may not be available in all cases.
Transcript Management Services accepts these forms of payment:
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express
- direct debit
- money order or bank draft
GST isn’t charged.
Step 5. Get your transcript
Contact the Transcript Management Services office that you ordered your transcript from to arrange for it to be:
- picked up by you or a courier
- emailed to you in a PDF format
- mailed to you via Canada Post
- faxed to you (under special circumstances)
Note: If you’re having difficulty finding information, contact the specific court location and request a search of the file.