Applications are accepted from January 2 to April 30 of each year.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The Northern Alberta Development Council (NADC) Bursary is a non-repayable bursary you can receive if you agree to live and work in northern Alberta (JPG, 919 KB) for one year of full-time employment in return for each year of bursary support received. It is offered to students entering their last 2 years of post-secondary studies or entering a program that is one or 2 years in length.
The goal of this bursary is to assist students to obtain the skills and knowledge to enter or re-enter the workforce in northern Alberta.
The NADC Bursary provides funding for students up to $7,000 per year for a maximum of 2 years. The return of service is one year of full-time employment in your field of study for each year of bursary support received.
Students must apply for the bursary for each year they want to be considered.
Selected recipients sign a return of service agreement with Advanced Education.
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person.
- Have applied for or enrolled in a full-time program in a post-secondary school that is designated for provincial funding.
- Be entering your last or second to last year of your post-secondary program in the fall.
- Registered in a program that is at least 12 weeks in length for half of a bursary or 16 weeks for a full bursary.
- Resident of Alberta for 12 consecutive months before the start of your program.
- Plan to live and work in northern Alberta (JPG, 919 KB) upon completion of your program and sign a return of service agreement.
- Not in an apprenticeship program.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must not be in default of a provincial student loan.
How to apply
Step 1. Create your Alberta.ca Account
You need a verified Alberta.ca Account to submit your application. Verifying your account can take up to 2 weeks.
Step 2. Gather supporting documents
Attach the following PDF or JPG files to your application:
- your most recent unofficial transcripts
- your resume (optional)
Step 3. Submit the application
Complete the application form fully, attach supporting documents and answer the essay questions clearly and concisely on the online application platform.
Log in troubleshooting
If you are experiencing problems signing into the application portal with your Alberta.ca Account and receiving the following message “Sorry, we can’t find the page you’re looking for…”, clear your cache and browsing history. This will fix the problem and you will be able to access the bursary application site.
After you apply
You will be advised of your status through the application platform by the end of July.
Monitor your application for any comments, questions or status updates through the application platform.
Selected recipients will receive the return of service agreement by email along with directions to continue the award process.
If selected, the Program Administrators will follow up with you to monitor completion of your return of service commitment. If you do not fulfill your obligation, you will be asked to repay the bursary.
Connect with the Program Administrators:
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.