Making financial decisions for incapable adults

Trusteeship, enduring power of attorney and administration of benefits for AISH and CPP-D.

Services and information

Ensure someone you trust has the authority to make financial decisions on your behalf if you become incapable.

The court may review a represented adult’s financial records to make sure their assets are being responsibly managed by their trustee.

This free program from the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (OPGT) helps you manage your AISH and CPP-D money to pay your bills.

Manage money and pay bills for an adult who gets regular government payments and can’t manage money on their own.

Become a trustee so you can make financial decisions for an adult who needs help.

When you become a trustee, the court may set a deadline to review the file to ensure the arrangement is working well.