COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
- Provincial Offences Procedure Act
- Procedures Regulation
- Traffic Safety Act
- Access to Motor Vehicle Information Regulation
- Alberta Transportation Safety Board Appeal Fees Regulation
- Bill of Lading and Conditions of Carriage Regulation
- Commercial Vehicle Certificate and Insurance Regulation
- Commercial Vehicle Dimension and Weight Regulation
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Regulation
- Demerit Point Program and Service of Documents Regulation
- Driver Training Regulation
- Drivers' Hours of Service Regulation
- Off-highway Vehicle Regulation
- Operator Licensing and Vehicle Control Regulation
Special vehicle zone maps:
- Service Restriction Regulation
- Traffic Control Device Regulation
- Use Of Highway and Rules of the Road Regulation
- Vehicle Equipment Regulation
- Vehicle Inspection Regulation
- Vehicle Seizure and Removal Regulation
For cargo securement standards, see NSC Cargo Securement Standard (PDF, 364 KB).
For more information, read the Traffic Safety Amendment Act fact sheet.
- Dangerous Goods Transportation and Handling Act
- Dangerous Goods Transportation and Handling Regulation
- Highways Development and Protection Act
- Highways Development and Protection Regulation
- Railway (Alberta) Act
- Public Railway Regulation
- Heritage Railway Regulation
- Industrial Railway Regulation
- Regional Airports Authorities Act
- Regional Airports Authorities Regulation
- Government Organization Act
- Transportation Grants Regulation
- Provincial Parks Act
- Water Act
- Water, Gas and Electric Companies Act
As a commercial truck or bus carrier, you may occasionally require advice when establishing or modifying safety and maintenance programs to ensure compliance with Alberta transport regulations or with the National Safety Code. For assistance, contact the sources of information below.
- Alberta Motor Transport Association (AMTA)
- American Trucking Associations (ATA)
- Association Du Camionnage du Quebec
- Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association (APTA)
- British Columbia Trucking Association (BCTA)
- Freight Management Association of Canada (FMA)
- Manitoba Trucking Association (MTA)
- Ontario Trucking Association (OTA)
- Saskatchewan Trucking Association (STA)
- Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Alberta Student Transportation Advisory Council (ASTAC)
- Association of School Transportation Services of British Columbia (ASTSBC)
- Motor Carrier Passenger Council of Canada
- Motor Coach Canada (MCC)
- Ontario Motor Coach Association (OMCA)
- Student Transportation Association of Alberta (STAA)
- Alberta Forest Products Association (AFPA)
- Alberta Roadbuilders and Heavy Construction Association (ARHCA)
- Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors (CAODC)
- Energy Safety Canada
- Petroleum Services Association of Canada (PSAC)
Connect with Carrier and Vehicle Safety and sign up for updates.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.