Guidelines for specified land activities (other)

Conservation and reclamation are required for roadways, transmission lines, railways and other specified land activities.


Conservation and reclamation are required for roadways, as defined in the Public Highways Act. Find guidance in the following:

Transmission lines

Find conservation and reclamation guidelines for transmission lines at:


Many railways were built before the legislation of conservation and reclamation requirements. They still must be reclaimed when a line is abandoned. Find the requirements at:

Other land activities

Some land activities may not have specific conservation and reclamation guidelines. Operators in those cases must contact the Alberta government for guidance (see contact information below).


Connect with our Land Management office:

Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]