Leading efforts to grow Alberta’s economy by supporting Alberta’s entrepreneurs and employers, promoting trade and investment, helping recruit and retain workers, and promoting safe, fair and healthy workplaces by:
- Jobs: helping attract skilled workers and establishing and enforcing Alberta’s employment standards and laws governing the health and safety of Alberta’s workplaces
- Economy: supporting Alberta entrepreneurs, businesses and communities to drive growth and job creation
- Regional development: supporting the unique economic development needs of Alberta’s various regions
- Trade and investment: attracting investment, promoting trade and supporting Alberta businesses’ abilities to access new markets
Agencies we’re responsible for:
- Annual reports:
- Budget documents
- Business plans:
- Ministry publications
- Alberta budget
- List of public agencies
- Personal information bank directories
- Media inquiries
- Learn about Alberta’s employment rules on minimum wage, overtime, holidays, job-protected leaves, vacations and more.
- Stay up-to-date on economic statistics in your sector.
- Access labour market information to help with planning and staffing.
- Use the search tool to access health and safety rules for Alberta’s workplaces.
- Access resources for small businesses.
- View resources to help grow regional economies.
- Access resources to help find new markets and trade opportunities
Affordable, friendly and rich in opportunity, Alberta is the answer to building your future.
Bursaries are available for students training for jobs that are in demand in northern Alberta.
We’re working with partners across the province to encourage economic growth, support the success of Alberta entrepreneurs and job creators, and promote the development of Alberta’s primary and emerging sectors.
Discover a wealth of vital economic information at your fingertips.
Film and television tax credit
Tax credit supports medium and large-scale productions filming in Alberta.
- Sep 8, 2023
Minister of Jobs, Economy and Trade Matt Jones issued the following statement about the August 2023 Labour Force Survey from Statistics Canada:
- Sep 4, 2023
Minister of Jobs, Economy and Trade Matt Jones issued the following statement on Labour Day:
- Aug 22, 2023
Alberta’s government is investing $5 million in the province’s aviation industry to help fill the growing demand for workers and position Alberta as Canada’s aviation hub.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.