We are not accepting new International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) applications under the Immigration Stream at this time. This is a temporary pause from November 19, 2019 to May 19, 2020 to reduce processing times.
We will assess Education Credential Assessment (ECA) reports only if you have submitted and paid for them on or before November 19, 2019 at 12 pm MST.
You may still submit an IQAS assessment for employment, education (post-secondary admission) or professional licensure. These applications cannot be used to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
If you need an assessment from an organization or a professional body designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to use for immigration purposes, visit the IRCC website Educational credential assessment: How to get one.
Education Credential Assessment (ECA)
The ECA is for formal academic/technical education.
An ECA issued by IQAS:
- is valid for Express Entry for 5 years
- does not mean that your credentials are recognized for licensure in Canada
- does not guarantee a job or successful immigration application; but, if you are successful with your immigration application, this assessment may also be used when applying for jobs
- to learn more about an ECA, visit the IRCC website Educational credential assessment: What it is
- Average processing time for applications submitted and paid on or before November 19, 2019 at 12 pm MST (after all required documents, transcripts and payments have been delivered to IQAS) is approximately 23 weeks from the date of delivery.
- Processing times take longer if extensive research or verification is required.
- IQAS does not provide rush services.