The International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) is an Alberta government service. IQAS is designated by the Government of Canada to provide Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) assessments for immigration purposes. An ECA issued by IQAS can be used for the Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program under Express Entry for 5 years.
IQAS does assessments and issues certificates that compare credentials from other countries to educational standards in Canada.
Who can apply
If you plan to immigrate to Canada, you can get an ECA for Canadian immigration purposes, for the Federal Skilled Worker Program under Express Entry.
If you plan to work or study in Canada, you can get an assessment for employment, education or licensure. Find out how to apply.
Why get an assessment
The ECA is for formal academic / technical education.
An assessment doesn’t guarantee:
- a job
- a successful application for immigration
- that your credentials will be recognized for licensure in Canada
But, if you’re successful with your application to immigrate to Canada, this assessment may also be used when applying for jobs.
Application fee (regardless of the number of credentials): $200
- to an address in Canada: $15
- to an address outside of Canada: $75
Fees apply to each applicant; spouses cannot submit their credentials under one application.
- an assessment takes 10 business days to process after all required documents and payments are received
- assessment of some applications may take longer if extensive research is required
- times may vary based on the volume of applications
- mail delivery time is not included in the processing time
For more information
310-0000, then 780-427-2655 (toll-free)