How IQAS reviews applications
IQAS assessments are done on an individual basis and include a process with quality assurance measures.
IQAS follows global standards for best practices when assessing credentials from other countries. We’re a partner in the national Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada.
- after you apply for an IQAS certificate, your documents are reviewed for consistency and evidence of tampering or alteration
- IQAS may contact your educational institution directly to check your application for accuracy
- IQAS won’t assess credentials it suspects are altered or fraudulent
- IQAS conducts educational assessments using original language documents and their English translations
- translations are checked for accuracy
Recognition of institution
- IQAS only conducts assessments of education obtained at institutions that meet the following recognition criteria:
- the institution is formally approved by a designated competent authority within its own country as a quality institution
- the institution is widely accepted by other institutions and agencies, both within and outside the country
- review your country’s educational institutions recognition process if you’re unsure if your institution meets this criteria
Evaluation of educational programs
When reviewing your application, IQAS checks for:
- level of education
- duration of study
- general content of study
- function of program
General Statement of Comparison
IQAS issues a statement that compares your international program of study to a similar program of study in Canada. This statement appears on your assessment certificate.