- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Vaccines open now: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions.
A Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) is a formal agreement between 2 or more parties that establishes an official partnership. Each MOU is unique and outlines the commitments and outcomes that all groups agree on.
These agreements and partnerships contribute to a variety of international education related activities including:
- posting a special language advisor to Alberta Education
- student and educator mobility programs
- visiting teacher programs
- school partnerships
Some of Alberta’s MOU partners include:
- China – the Office of Chinese Language Council International (Hanban)
- Germany – Federal Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Japan – the Japan Foundation
- Spain – the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport
- Ukraine – the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, and the Department of Education and Science of Lviv Oblast State
School twinnings are partnerships between Alberta schools and schools from other counties.
These help Alberta students interact with students from around the world through activities such as:
- video conferencing
- school trips
These partnerships are a great opportunity for Alberta students to learn about other languages, cultures and lifestyles.
How to apply
Step 1. Review the Guide to International School Partnerships
- Guide to International School Partnerships (English)
- Guide to International School Partnerships (French)
Step 2. Complete an application form
- Application form (Alberta schools) (PDF, 175 KB)
- Application form (International schools) (PDF, 58 KB)
Step 3. Submit your completed application
Email your completed applications form(s) to [email protected].