Superintendent of Insurance Bulletins and Notices
Issued in 2019
- Notice 01-2019 : Standard Endorsement Form 39b (SEF #39b) - Designated Operator Traffic Safety Conviction Rating Waiver Endorsement (PDF, 319 KB) (March 13, 2019)
- Effective March 13, 2019, SEF #39b (PDF, 202 KB) is authorized for use in Alberta.
Issued in 2018
- Bulletin 10-2018: Minor Injury Regulation - Annual Increase in Amount for Non-pecuniary Damages (PDF, 346 KB) (December 14, 2018)
- Effective January 1, 2019 (replaced 03-2017).
- Bulletin 09-2018: Fees and Disbursements for Accident Benefit Claims (PDF, 275 KB) (September 18, 2018)
- Notice 08-2018: Updated Diagnostic and Treatment Protocols Regulation (DPTR) Interpretative Guide (PDF, 266 KB) (August 23, 2018)
- Notice 07-2018: Alberta Launches Electronic Administrative Cost Recovery Invoice (PDF, 257 KB) (August 21, 2018)
- Notice 06-2018: Alberta Automobile Insurance Claims and Costs Study Request for Proposal (PDF, 273 KB) (July 19, 2018)
- Notice 05-2018: Updated Automobile Insurance Motor Vehicle Inspection Report (PDF, 353 KB) (May 29, 2018)
- Notice 04-2018: Clarification of Minor Injury Regulation (PDF, 263 KB) (May 17, 2018)
- see related news release: Keeping auto insurance affordable
- Notice 03-2018: Successful Vendor of the Automobile Insurance Rate Board Review (PDF, 263 KB) (April 24, 2018)
- Notice 02-2018: Wood Buffalo Wildfire: Statutory Limitation on Property Insurance Claims (PDF, 261 KB) (March 29, 2018)
- Bulletin 01-2018: Review of the Automobile Insurance Rate Board (PDF, 397 KB) (February 14, 2018)
Issued in 2017
- Bulletin 03-2017: Minor Injury Regulation - Annual Increase in Amount for Non-Pecuniary Damages (PDF, 341 KB) (December 21, 2017)
- Effective January 1, 2018 (replaced 07-2016).
- Bulletin 02-2017: Unlicensed Insurance (PDF, 432 KB) (October 17, 2017)
- Bulletin 01-2017: Updates to Prescribed Automobile Insurance Accident Benefit and Minor Injury Forms (PDF, 341 KB) (May 9, 2017)
Issued in 2016 or earlier
For the complete set of Superintendent of Insurance Bulletins and Notices, including archived, see the Open Government Portal.
Superintendent of Insurance Enforcement Activities
To protect consumers and enhance public confidence in insurance, the Superintendent of Insurance monitors, investigates and takes appropriate regulatory action when there is non-compliance with the Insurance Act and Regulations under the Act (see Insurance legislation, orders and agreements).
Regulatory action includes Administrative Penalties, Cease and Desist Orders, Compliance Undertakings and Court Prosecutions. In all cases involving regulatory action, there will be public notification on this web page. Public information notices or news releases may be issued where it is in the public interest to do so.
- Alberta Superintendent of Insurance Enforcement Activities (updated May 1, 2019)
Automobile Insurance Rate Board documents
For additional guidance specific to Automobile Insurance, please refer to the documents on the Automobile Insurance Rate Board website.
Sign up for updates
If you have trouble opening fillable PDF forms
See the form instructions.
To connect with the Office of the Alberta Superintendent of Insurance
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Alberta Superintendent of Insurance
Alberta Treasury Board and Finance
Financial Sector Regulation and Policy
402 Terrace Building
9515 107 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2C3