Consultation review times
- We are currently reviewing Public Lands Act Pre-consultation Assessment Requests received on December 2, 2019.
- We are currently reviewing Public Lands Act Adequacy Assessments that were due for review on November 29, 2019.
Mailing list subscription
To sign-up for news updates from the Aboriginal Consultation Office (ACO), fill out the form.
Updates will be sent to the email address that you provide when there are changes to the department’s work such as:
- consultation timeline pauses due to statutory holidays or natural disasters
- revised proponent guides and documents
- revisions to geographical consultation areas
- information not sent in a regular newsletter
Interested parties from Indigenous communities, industry and the public are welcome to subscribe.
The ACO Bulletin is published 4 times a year to ensure up-to-date and appropriate department information is shared with First Nations, Metis settlements, industry groups and the public about government’s consultation role / operating processes.
Comments and feedback can be sent to the Director of Strategic Relations.
Since summer 2016, ministry staff has been engaging with First Nations, Metis settlements, industry, and municipal stakeholders to hear their unique perspectives on Alberta’s Indigenous consultation processes.
Indigenous Relations is currently accepting, reviewing and analyzing ongoing input from First Nations, Metis Settlements, industry and municipal stakeholders through written submissions.
The ministry is developing an Indigenous Knowledge Policy to help guide how government and Alberta Energy Regulator staff can respectfully consider and include Indigenous knowledge in land and natural resource planning and decision-making.
Government is receiving guidance throughout the policy development process from Indigenous Elders and knowledge-keepers.
To connect with the Aboriginal Consultation Office, please contact the office near you:
ACO contacts by region (PDF, 78 KB)