In 2010, the grizzly bear was designated a threatened species in Alberta.
In 2008, a five-year recovery plan was released. Alberta's Grizzly Bear Recovery Plan guides grizzly bear management in Alberta.
To read the Grizzly Bear Recovery Plan, see:
To learn more about the plan's recommendations and how the Government of Alberta, organizations and individuals have worked together to fulfil these recommendations, see the links below.
2008 – 2013 Recovery Plan: Recovery Strategies
- Collaboration and Habitat Mapping
- Improve and Apply Regulations and Legislation
- Improve Knowledge of Grizzly Bears
- Reduce Human-Bear Conflicts
- Reduce Human-Caused Mortality
Annual Grizzly Bear Conservation Summaries
Conservation Summaries can be found on the Open Government Portal at:
The summaries provided on the Portal are as follows: