Certifying Partners administer the Certificate of Recognition (COR) program to Alberta employers. Choose a Certifying Partner that has the right fit for your company and industry.
When choosing a Certifying Partner, you should consider the following:
- which Certifying Partner best fits your company and industry
- where they offer training
- availability of training
- safety services offered
- cost of training and services
List of Certifying Partners
|Certifying Partner||Industry Sector||Contact|
|Alberta Association for Safety Partnerships (AASP)||All industries||Jodi Stoddart, Executive Director
|Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA) *||All construction industries||Tammy Hawkins, Chief Operations Officer
|Alberta Food Processors Association||
|Alberta Forest Products Association (AFPA)||
||Carola von Sass
Director, Health, Safety and Transportation
|Alberta Motor Transport Association (AMTA) *||
||Kimberley Burfoot, Executive Director
|Alberta Municipal Health and Safety Association (AMHSA) *||
||Shannon Thomas, Program Evaluation Manager
|Alberta Safety Council (ASC)||All industries||Linda Knowles
Program Director – COR/Workplace
|Continuing Care Safety Association *||Private and public long-term care facilities||Dana Loeppky, Executive Director
|Energy Safety Canada *||All forms of petroleum industries||
Juliet Goodwin, Manager Safety Audits and Certifications, 403-516-8040
|Manufacturers’ Health & Safety Association (MHSA) *||All forms of:
||Mike Bett, Executive Director
Toll Free: 1-888-249-2002
|Western Wood Truss Association of Alberta||
||Dave Pasolli, Executive Officer
*These associations are funded through a levy on employers’ WCB premiums. All other associations operate on a fee–for–service basis.
Changing your Certifying Partner
If you want to change your Certifying Partner:
- Contact the Certifying Partner you wish to use to see if they will accept you as a member.
- Ask the new Certifying Partner if you will need to conduct a new audit or take some of their training.
- Notify both your existing and new Certifying Partner in writing, and send a copy to Partnerships in Injury Reduction and the WCB.
Connect with the Certificate of Recognition program: