Application period: July 18, 2023 to September 30, 2023.
The Every Kid Can Play (EKCP) Program is designed to address affordability and accessibility challenges to sport, physical activity, and recreation (SPAR) programs for Alberta kids and their families.
Alberta families can apply for up to $350 per child to offset registration fees, through funds directed to KidSport Alberta.
Through 2 grant application processes with the Government of Alberta, for Provincial-Scope organizations and Community-Level non-profit organizations, funding is available for non-profit organizations to reduce costs associated with the delivery, expansion, or enhancement of existing community-level programs.
For complete information, read the guidelines:
- Guidelines for Community-Level Non-Profit Organizations (PDF, 437 KB)
- Guidelines for Provincial Scope Non-Profit Organizations (PDF, 444 KB)
To be eligible, you must be a registered organization that has been operating in Alberta for a minimum of one calendar year, and is in good standing under one of the following acts:
- Provincial legislation (Alberta)
- Agriculture Societies Act
- Part 21 of the Business Corporations Act – Extra-Provincial Corporations
- Companies Act, Part 9 (Non-profit Companies)
- Societies Act of Alberta
- Special Act of the Alberta Legislature
- Federal legislation
- Special Act of the Parliament of Canada
- Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act and must be registered in Alberta under the Business Corporations Act (must delivery programs in Alberta)
- First Nation or Metis Settlement in Alberta
- Unregistered informal groups are required to partner with an eligible registered non-profit organization to implement their projects.
Applications open July 18, 2023.
Submission deadline is September 30, 2023, 11:59 pm.
- Application for Community-Level Non-Profit Organization Grants
- Application for Provincial Scope Non-Profit Organizations Grants
Connect with the Sport Physical Activity and Recreation Branch if you have questions:
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.