- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
- The most common error committed by cyclists involved in casualty collisions is disobeying a traffic signal.
- The largest number of casualty collisions involving bicycles occur during the evening rush-hour period (3 pm to 7 pm).
- Cyclists aged 15 to 19 are most often involved in these collisions.
- Only pedestrians have the right of way in crosswalks. Only if a cyclist dismounts and walks their bike across a crosswalk are they a pedestrian.
- Cyclists must travel single file (Use of Highway and Rules of the Roads Regulation, Section 78)
Penalties and fines
|Failure to stop at a stop sign||$405|
|Failure to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk||$810|
|Failure to have lights when bicycling in the dark||$81|
|No reflectors on bicycle||$162|
|No horn/bell on bicycle||$81|
|Both feet on pedals, both hands on handlebars, carrying passenger (without passenger seat)||$81|