Employment standards

Permits and exemptions

Adolescent employment permit – Employers may apply online for a permit to employ a person 14 years of age and under for certain types of work.

Apply for an employment standards variance – Employers may apply online for a variance or exemption to certain mandatory obligations under the Employment Standards Code.

Appeal a decision

Employment Standards – Appeal a decision – Employers and employees subject to Employment Standards decisions can file an appeal about those decisions online or by mail, email or fax.

Ask a question

Connect online with an Employment Standards expert – Ask a question about Employment Standards or sign up for Employment Standards updates.

Occupational Health and Safety

Report an incident

Report potentially serious incidents – Employers and prime contractors must report potentially serious incidents (PSIs) that occur on their worksite.

Report mine or mine site incidents – Employers or prime contractors must report certain incidents that occur at a mine or mine site.

Compliance and enforcement

Apply for an OHS acceptance or approval – Authorized worksite representatives can apply online for acceptances and approvals (specific permissions) from OHS directors.

File an OHS complaint – Anyone can report unsafe conditions at a workplace. File a confidential health and safety complaint online or by calling the OHS Contact Centre.

Submit an asbestos project notification – Employers must notify OHS at least 72 hours before beginning work that may release asbestos.

Ask a question

Connect online with an OHS expert – Get answers to your workplace health and safety questions.