- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
Distracted cycling restrictions
Cyclists must follow the same laws as motor vehicle drivers
Before you take your next bike ride, remember to follow the Traffic Safety Act Distracting Driving rules. The following restrictions apply to cyclists:
- using a cellphone
- texting or emailing
- using electronic devices like cameras and portable audio players
- entering information on GPS units
- reading printed materials
- writing, printing or sketching
- personal grooming
Wearing headphones while cycling is legal, but not recommended. You are less likely to hear emergency responders, railway crossing signals and sounds that could warn you of danger. Wearing your headphones also makes you more likely to get into a collision with vehicles or pedestrians since you are less aware of your surroundings.