Digital literacy is essential for anyone interested in working, learning, shopping, or accessing services online. It covers a range of skills like using the internet, saving and sharing information, and protecting yourself from scams or other online threats.
The Alberta Digital Literacy Program can help Albertans gain the confidence and skills they need to engage with our increasingly digital world. This free, self-guided program is available to anyone looking to build or improve their existing digital literacy skills.
The Alberta Digital Literacy Program offers 2 levels of programming:
- Beginner is designed for individuals with little to no experience using a computer. It has 10 modules that outline basic concepts like using the internet, setting up an email address, and sharing information online.
- Intermediate is designed for individuals who want to grow their existing digital literacy. It has 9 modules that outline more complex concepts like understanding digital footprints, staying safe online, and learning or shopping online.
You can choose to complete both courses in their entirety or just the modules that interest you the most. Each module is designed to be completed in 10 to 30 minutes.
Visit the Alberta Digital Literacy Program website. You will have to create an account using an email address or mobile phone number for immediate access.
Are you interested in promoting the Alberta Digital Literacy Program through your organization? We have some resources that may help:
- Poster version 1
- Poster version 1 - for professional printing
- Poster version 2
- Poster version 2 – for professional printing
- Digital Literacy Quick-start Guide
Facilitator guides for each course are also available from the Alberta Digital Literacy Program after you create an account.
Alberta Digital Literacy Program
J. G. O’Donoghue Building
7000 113 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T6H 5T6