We have temporarily closed in-person Business Licencing services at our Commerce Place front-counter in Edmonton.
Licensees who are operating or entering into new transactions and contracts are still required to have a valid licence.
- If your licence is set to expire and you are still operating, please complete your licence renewal as soon as possible via Province of Alberta Business Licensing Online (PABLO), or submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing issues with your renewal, including delays, contact the Business Licensing Office.
Questions may be directed to:
For more information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
A debt repayment agent is a collector employed by a debt repayment agency to act for or deal with debtors.
There is a licensing fee of $72, payable to the Government of Alberta.
Your agent licence expires when the licence of the agency for which you act expires. It is the agency’s responsibility to ensure your licence is in force as long as you continue to do business as defined for this type of licence. Once your licence is issued the agency should make note of the expiry date and ensure it is renewed as needed.
How to apply
You will need to complete an application form and provide a licensing fee. To get started, follow these instructions to save and open the application.
Failure to provide complete information will delay processing of your application and may result in a refund of your fees and closure of your file.
Step 1. Fill out the application form
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
Step 2. Submit the application form
Email your application form to email@example.com. You will be contacted to set-up online payment for the one-time $72 licensing fee.
You may also mail or drop off your application package to the address noted on the application. You may pay by credit card online, by credit card or debit card in person at our office, or you may mail a cheque or money order to our office.
When paying by cheque or money order please make it payable to the Government of Alberta.
Processing of your application will not start until payment is received.
After you apply
Licence takes effect the day the licence is issued.
It is your responsibility to ensure your licence is in force as long as you continue to do business. Once your licence is issued please make note of the expiry date and ensure your licence is renewed prior to this date.
Licence holders must notify Service Alberta in writing within 15 days of ceasing to carry on the activities for which the licence was issued.
- Please pay particular attention to the requirements of Section 12.1 of the Collection and Debt Repayment Practices Regulation regarding prohibited practices and knowledge of the legislation.
- If the applicant's primary residence is Out-of-Canada, a criminal record check is required from the jurisdiction of the individual’s primary residence which follows the requirements set out by Citizenship and Immigration Canada or a check provided by a local policing organization (i.e., state or municipal police service) provided the results include national records. For US applicants, a criminal history record information check performed by a vendor from this list is also acceptable.
Copies of legislation can be obtained from the Queen’s Printer Bookstore.