Crop diseases cause problems in Alberta every year. Management and legislation help Alberta crop producers avoid crop disease problems. Information on disease management tools will help producers manage existing problems. Legislation and regulation can help avoid and control high-risk pests.
One of the Alberta government’s goals is the safety of Alberta’s food chain as well as the protection of property and humans from declared pests and nuisances in the province of Alberta. The Agricultural Pests Act and associated Pest and Nuisance Control Regulation are in place to manage, control and eradicate various pests and nuisances in the province of Alberta.
Regulated crop diseases
Common crop diseases
Horticulture and trees
- Black knot
- Diseases of echinacea
- Diseases of sweet bell pepper
- Dutch elm disease – regulated
- Emerging Virus and Viroid Disease Risks on Greenhouse Crops
- Fireblight – regulated
- Greenhouse Sanitation
- Managing cucumber green mottle mosaic virus
- Pest and disease management in commercial greenhouse tomato production
- Aster Yellows and Aster Leafhopper
- Blackleg of canola (Canola Encyclopedia)
- Brown girdling root rot (Canola Encyclopedia)
- Clubroot – regulated
- Disease Forecasting for Sclerotinia White Stem Rot in Canola
- Disease of oilseed crops
- Fusarium wilt (Canola Encyclopedia)
- Sclerotinia (Canola Encyclopedia)
- Verticillium stripe (Canola Encyclopedia)
Fruit and vegetables
Crop disease management
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.