Continuing Care – Clients and families

Information and resources about continuing care for clients and families.


Here you can find information on how to get continuing care, types of care, costs, inspections and more. Explore resources, learn about resident and family councils and connect with us for support, so you can navigate the continuing care system with confidence.

Find out more about continuing care.

Find an accommodation

You can search for accommodations based on accommodation name, operator name or by city. Search results also include inspection, audit and visit results.

Find accommodations and inspection results

Resident and family councils

Residents of licensed care facilities, and their families, can establish a council to sustain and enhance the quality of life for residents. For more information, see Resident and family councils.

Caregiver resources

If you are caring for a family member or friend, you can find information and supports on our Resources page.


If you have a general inquiry about continuing care or another government program or service, contact us by phone or online through the contact government general inquiries page.

Contact the Continuing Care Licensing Office for questions about accommodation standards, continuing care, health services standards or licensing:

Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone: 780-644-8428
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Fax: 780-644-8729
Email: [email protected]

Alberta Health
Attn: Licensing and Compliance Monitoring Branch
PO Box 1360, Station Main
Edmonton, Alberta  T5J 2N3