This service is for parents, guardians and others with a significant connection to a child or youth. The focus is on the best interests of the child.
The mediation process includes these parties:
- parents or guardians
- a caseworker
- a supervisor
- other participants including children and youth (if the other parties agree)
A mediation discussion, which is conducted by an impartial mediator, may include these topics:
- safety concerns
- visits with children
- expectations and timelines
- communication between the parties
- long-term plans for a child
- family disputes affecting a child’s safety
These discussions are private and will not be used in court unless all the parties agree.
You can consult a lawyer at any time during the mediation process. You’ll receive a written copy of any agreements made during the process.
Connect with your caseworker for more information:
Hours: 8:15 am to 12 pm, 1 pm to 4 pm (open Monday to Friday closed statutory holidays)
Calgary and area
Edmonton and area
Other areas in Alberta