COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
The Women’s Economic Recovery Challenge Grant Program funds initiatives led by Alberta non-profit organizations that help enhance women’s economic opportunities by providing strategies and solutions to address barriers and engage more effectively in the economy.
Applicants must submit proposals according to the specifications and conditions set out in the grant program guidelines.
Non-profit organizations may apply if they meet this criteria:
- registered non-profit for a minimum of 2 years
- demonstrate at least 2 years of relevant experience in delivering community-based supports for economic growth
- ability to implement a grant agreement
Eligible non-profits include, but are not limited to:
- First Nations or Métis communities in Alberta
- community organizations
- municipalities, including municipal districts
- economic development organizations
- industry associations
For a project to be eligible under the program, it must create a measurable impact or positive outcome in at least one of these focus areas:
- increasing the representation of women and girls in STEM
- increasing female entrepreneurship
- decreasing the challenges women face in the workplace
- helping women transition to a new career
- supporting inclusive employer training
- updating employment skills
The funding range for each approved project is:
- minimum funding: $25,000
- maximum funding: $250,000
Justification for all eligible costs must be included alongside each budget line item in the comments and explanation column on the budget sheet.
- travel expenses (meals, accommodation, parking, essential travel in Alberta to implement the project)
- materials, printing of materials, and project supplies (items directly needed to carry out the proposed project)
- communication costs (advertising, marketing and communication expenses)
- project planning, administration and overhead costs
- other expenses (any other costs will be approved if deemed to be direct and necessary for the successful implementation of the proposed project – see Budget Template (XLS, 24 KB) for more information)
How to apply
Step 1. Review the grant guidelines
- Women’s Economic Recovery Challenge Grant Program guidelines (PDF, 561 KB) (includes appendices and sample application form)
Step 2. Fill out the application form, implementation plan and budget form
- Women’s Economic Recovery Challenge Grant Program application (DOCX, 134 KB)
- Implementation plan (XLS, 22 KB)
- Budget form (XLS, 24 KB)
Step 4. Submit the application package
Email your completed application to [email protected] by January 12, 2022.
Connect with us if you require more information:
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.