Crossing belonging to either CN or CPR are federally regulated and do not fall under provincial jurisdiction.

Residents wishing to eliminate whistling at a crossing in their community must first contact their municipality. At their discretion, the municipality may contact the railway company that owns the crossing to discuss the matter. If warranted, the municipality must then follow the procedure outlined by the Transport Canada Guideline Number 1, "Procedure and conditions for eliminating whistling at public crossings".

Where do I find the train whistling requirements?

Engine whistling requirements can be found in the Canadian Rail Operating Rules (CROR), Rule 14(L)(ii). The link to access the CROR rule is Engine Whistling Requirements.

Where can I find the Transport Canada information to stop train whistling?

Procedure and conditions for eliminating whistling at public crossings can be found at:

Transport Canada Eliminating Whistling At Public Crossing