COVID-19 response: Timber dues deferred
To help Alberta’s forest sector continue to operate and provide stable employment during these unprecedented times, timber dues are deferred for up to 6 months for impacted operators.
Deferment of timber dues and crown fees (PDF, 2.4 MB)
For more information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
- The province collects Timber Dues and Crown Charges (Stumpage Fees) and other fees associated with timber dispositions.
- These charges, collected under the authority of the Forests Act, ensure Albertans receive fair compensation for the use of publicly owned forest resources.
- Timber dues rates are based on the current market prices of forest products and are adjusted periodically to reflect changes to current market conditions.
- The tables used to determine dues rates are located in Schedules 3-7 of the Timber Management Regulation.
- In the case of deciduous timber used to make pulp, the rates are indexed annually to account for inflation. Current indexed pulp rates