Table of contents

Academic qualifications

To teach in an Alberta accredited school, you must hold valid Alberta teaching certification. After receiving certification, you need to have your academic qualifications evaluated for salary purposes if:

  • you are a new teacher
  • you are moving to Alberta and are looking to work as a teacher
  • you upgraded your education and are looking to work as a teacher

All public, separate and francophone school boards and some private school authorities in Alberta accept evaluations conducted by the Teacher Qualifications Service at the Alberta Teachers’ Association.

Find a job

Individual school authorities recruit teachers in Alberta.

You can find current postings on these websites:

Was this page helpful?

All fields are required unless otherwise indicated.

Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on