Important forms notice
Members of the Law Society of Alberta filing grant applications for probate are required to use the Surrogate Digital Service (SDS).
Members of the Law Society filing grant applications other than probate must include a GA1 Submission Eligibility Form (PDF, 35 KB) with each application indicating why it is not eligible to be processed through the SDS.
Self-represented applicants are not required to use this form.
These fillable forms are for legal professionals and people who are representing themselves under the Surrogate Rules in the Court of King's Bench dealing with matters of:
- administration of a deceased’s estate
- trusteeship of minor’s property
PDF form issues
Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:
- Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
- Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.
If you are still having problems opening the form, contact PDF form technical support.
Grant Application (GA) forms – for applications filed with the court on or after June 15, 2022
- GA1 – Grant Application (CTS12964)
- GA1 Submission Eligibility Form (PDF, 35 KB) For lawyer's use only
- GA2 – Inventory (CTS12965)
- GA3 – Notice to Beneficiaries and Other Interested Parties (CTS12966)
- GA4 – Notice to the Public Trustee (CTS12967)
- GA5 – Affidavit of Service (CTS12968)
- GA7 – Notice of Grant Issuing (CTS12970)
- GA8 – Affidavit of Witness to a Will (CTS12971)
- GA9 – Affidavit of Handwriting (CTS12972)
- GA10 – Affidavit Verifying Translation of a Non-English Will (CTS12973)
- GA11 – Renunciation (CTS12974)
- GA12 – Reservation of Right to Apply for a Grant (CTS12975)
- GA13 – Nomination (CTS12976)
- GA14 – Beneficiary’s Consent to Waive or Reduce Bond (CTS12977)
- GA15 – Notice to Creditors and Claimants (CTS12978)
- GA16 – Statutory Declaration of Publication (CTS12979)
- GA17 – Statutory Declaration by Creditors and Claimants (CTS12980)
- GA18 – Renunciation of Trusteeship (CTS12981)
- GA20 – Affidavit of Trustee (CTS12983)
Minors’ Property Act (MP) forms – for applications filed with the court on or after June 15, 2022
- MP1 – Application for an Order Appointing a Trustee of a Minor’s Property (CTS12985)
- MP2 – Affidavit on Application for an Order Appointing a Trustee of a Minor’s Property (CTS12986)
- MP3 – Minor’s Consent to Appointment of Trustee (CTS12987)
- MP4 – Notice to Parent or Guardian of Application to Appoint a Trustee of a Minor’s Property (CTS12988)
- MP5 – Notice to Public Trustee of Application to Appoint a Trustee of a Minor’s Property (CTS12989)
- MP6 – Response of Parent or Guardian to Application to Appoint a Trustee of a Minor’s Property (CTS12990)
- MP7 – Order Appointing a Trustee of a Minor’s Property (CTS12991)
Help with court forms
If you need help, there are places to get support in preparing court forms by:
- finding the right forms
- understanding when to use them
- filling out court forms
Surrogate rules and forms package
Contains general information on the process to administer the estate of a deceased person, including information about the forms necessary to apply to the Court of King’s Bench for a Grant of Probate or Grant of Administration. The package also includes a link to all applicable court forms required for your application.
The package would be suitable for citizens who wish to file these applications themselves – when an application is not complex in nature.
Connect with Court and Justice Services.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.