June 10, 2020 – Deadline to submit questions for Applicants’ Conference Call
June 15, 2020 – Applicants’ Conference Call (read Application Guidelines (PDF, 1.1 MB) for details)
July 10, 2020 – Deadline to submit applications
September 2020 – All applicants are notified about funding decisions
This program provides settlement and language supports and services for newcomers while they live and work in Alberta
2020 to 2021 call for proposals
Apply to have your services funded in one of 3 streams:
Settlement and Community Supports
Settlement and Community Supports service activities help eligible newcomers get settlement and integration supports while they live and work in Alberta.
Language Assessment and Referral Services
Language Assessment and Referral service activities offer clients an English language assessment and help eligible newcomers find education or training options to improve their language abilities. These services should complement and not duplicate services available through the federal government.
Drop-in English as a second language (ESL) Services
Drop-in ESL service activities offer eligible newcomers alternative English language learning opportunities when they can’t access regular ESL programming. These opportunities should be:
These services should not replace or duplicate regular ESL programming.
Applicants may submit more than one proposal. Due to the potential conflict of interest, organizations can not apply to both the Language Assessment and Referral Services and ESL Drop-in Services streams.
To apply for a grant, applicant organizations and proposals must meet these guidelines.
To be eligible for this grant, your organization must:
- be a non-profit organization, and
- have a minimum of 2 years’ demonstrated experience providing:
- settlement and integration services to newcomers (Stream 1), or
- English language assessment and educational support services to newcomers (Stream 2), or
- language support and training services to newcomers (Stream 3)
To be eligible, proposals must:
- cover a period of 12 months
- fit within one of the 3 funding streams listed above
- address at least one of the outcomes identified for the funding stream
How to apply
Step 1. Read the terms and conditions
Read the sample Grant Agreement Template (PDF, 431 KB). It covers the terms and conditions of this grant program.
Step 2. Review the Application Guidelines
Before applying, review the Application Guidelines (PDF, 1.1 MB). It contains detailed information that you need to know before you decide to apply.
Step 3. Download the complete application package:
- Application Form (XLSX, 25 KB)
- Service Description Template (DOCX, 39 KB)
- Budget Template (XLSX, 26 KB)
Step 4: Complete the application
We will only consider complete applications. A complete application consists of all 3 documents listed in Step 3 along with supporting documentation.
Read the Application Guidelines document carefully for the details to ensure you have included all necessary information.
Step 5. Submit the application
- Submit your completed application documents in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Title the subject line of your email as:
[Organization Name]: CFP SNI 2020-2021 Application
- If there are server restrictions that prevent you from sending large email attachments, send an email to email@example.com indicating you will need to send multiple emails to fulfil all the submission requirements, and proceed to do so.
Resource: Applicants' call – Questions and answers (PDF, 344 KB)
After you apply
After you apply, the following steps occur:
1. Initial screening
We screen applications to make sure they are complete and meet the eligibility criteria.
2. Committee review
A committee reviews and scores applications that pass the initial screening. Scoring is based on the overall application package and how it addresses the following criteria:
- need for the services
- service delivery design
- ability of organization(s) to deliver
- risk identification and management
3. Internal review
We will consider all applications recommended by the application review committees, and award grants based on:
- application scores
- provincial needs
- available funding
We will notify all applicants to share the results of their applications.
Connect with the Supports for Newcomer Integration Grants program: