There are many reasons to study abroad. You can get an education while exploring a new country and discovering new things about yourself. You can also learn:
- how to live in another culture
- a new language or improve your existing skills
- about the existence of educational or professional opportunities
- how to embrace change and new situations
- to make connections for networking
70% of students who studied abroad agree that their experience influenced their career choice.
Educators can also benefit from study abroad experiences. See International resources for post-secondary educators for more information.