Internationalization brings different cultures and worldviews into classroom learning in Alberta.
Government fosters internationalization in many different ways:
- internationalizing the teaching and learning practice
- student study abroad and faculty work abroad programs
- international opportunities for Alberta students
- building links with international institutions
- international education projects and contracts
- offshore campuses
- collaborative research with international colleagues
Alberta educators that work abroad are better able to pass the skills, knowledge and abilities they gain on to their students. This helps our students acquire the knowledge and competencies needed to live and work in a global society.
Study abroad resources
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators shares several best practices for supporting education abroad
- read the Canadian Bureau for International Education’s credit transfer framework for student mobility partnerships
Professional development opportunities
Asia Pacific Association of International Education (APAIE)
The APAIE conference and exhibition brings together international education policy-makers, practitioners and experts from across the globe to:
- improve professional skills
- learn about new developments in international education
Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA)
The AIEA annual conference brings international education leaders together to discuss:
- best practices
- key strategic-level issues
Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE)
CBIE offers training opportunities at its annual conference held each year in November.
European Association for International Education (EAIE)
Build your professional profile at Europe’s largest international higher education conference.
Going Global Conference
Going Global is an annual conference hosted by the British Council. The conference provides an open forum for global education leaders to discuss issues and opportunities.
NAFSA: Association of International Educators
Every year, NAFSA hosts a global professional learning and networking event for educators and organizations that support international education.
Smithsonian Institute Fellowship Program
Fellowship opportunities at the Smithsonian Institution support research in several different specialties. This program facilitates scholarly interactions between science experts at:
- cultural organizations
- other research institutions around the world
Connect with the International and Industry Collaboration Unit: