COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
- First semester transcripts are available in mid-February
- Second semester transcripts are available in mid-July
- Summer school transcripts are available the last week of August
MyPass is the Alberta government’s online application for students to:
- order high school transcripts in English or French
- view diploma exam marks
- register to write or rewrite diploma exams with online payment
- view and print Detailed Academic Reports (DAR)
- view progress towards a credential (diploma or certificate)
- order additional copies of an awarded credential in English or French
- get notifications for important messages
MyPass can also be used to view and print an official record of who a student resides with and where they live. This may be required for some Canada Revenue Agency inquiries effective from school year 2017.
Required information to sign up for myPass
To sign up, you must have:
- an Education Account (current students can contact their school and former students can contact Alberta Education Student Records)
- the student's Alberta Student Number (ASN)
- the student's date of birth
- a current personal email address
- school email addresses are not recommended
Students can sign up at their high school or online with myPass. We encourage all high school students to sign up in Grade 10.
Parents or guardians
Parents or guardians can sign up at their child's current high school.
A student can grant myPass access to other individuals by entering their email address in myPass and specifying the relationship. This will generate an access code. The other individual may then input this code along with their email address into myPass to view the student’s information.
If a student is not able to sign up at their school or directly with myPass, they may use myPass to have a signup letter mailed to their address that is currently on file. This letter will provide instructions and allow them to securely create a myPass account.
- If the address on file is not current, please contact Student Records.
The signup letter contains an access code valid for 30 days. If more than 30 days has passed, students can either:
- visit myPass to request access again, or
- contact their school
Parents or guardians can access their child’s information if:
- the student has attended an accredited Alberta school, and
- the parent/guardian’s contact information, including email address, is entered by the student’s school into PASIprep
Parents or guardians can access this information until the child turns 18 years of age or becomes independent. Parents or guardians can then request access from the child as an authorized user.
Other individuals can only access a student’s information if:
- the student is 16 years of age or older
- the student has attended an accredited Alberta school, and
- the student grants access to the person through myPass
If you forget your myPass password:
- Login to myPass
- Click on “Sign in with Education Account”
- Click on the “Forgot your password?” link to create a new password
To help keep student information secure, please log out and close the web browser after accessing myPass, especially when using a public or shared computer.
The Alberta Transcript of High School Achievement contains the highest marks and credits awarded to a student.
- reporting of coursework completed in Alberta-accredited and out-of-province schools
- additional information on unique course mark scenarios
- external credentials and dual enrolments to support the Provincial Dual Credit Strategy
- security features in the paper such as heat sensitive ink and embedded watermarks
- French accented characters
Learn more about how to read a transcript.
A student’s legal name, as registered under the Vital Statistics Act, is displayed by default on transcripts, credentials and provincial assessments.
If a student was born in a jurisdiction outside Alberta, the student’s name will be displayed as it was registered in that jurisdiction or as registered in an official Government of Canada document.
In most situations, students are required to provide supporting government-issued identification when using an official document issued by Alberta Education that includes their legal name. Some examples include:
- student loans
- post-secondary admission
This identification should align with official documents from Alberta Education to avoid confusion or complications.
Learn how to legally change your name in Alberta.
How to order your transcript
Alberta post-secondary institutions
If you are applying to an Alberta post-secondary institution, the institution can order transcripts online on your behalf from ApplyAlberta.
You will not be charged a fee.
High school transcripts can be ordered at any time online using myPass and sent to a destination of your choice.
There is a $10.00 non-refundable processing fee for each copy.
Grade 9 Transcripts
To order Grade 9 transcripts, please contact your school and/or school authority.
To order an Apprentice transcript, visit MyTradesecrets.
Online document submission
Student Records Services
Securely upload completed forms and supporting documents using this application.
Only PDF documents and image files may be uploaded.
We will contact you by email within 5 business days of receiving a submission.
Alberta Student Number
An ASN is a unique 9-digit number required for many different tasks.
You will need an ASN to:
- create an Education Account for myPass access
- register to write a General Educational Development (GED) exam
- apply to Alberta post-secondary institutions (universities, colleges, technical institutions, and apprenticeship programs)
- apply for funding applications (student aid, grants, Rutherford Scholarship and bursaries)
Your ASN is assigned when you first enrol in a Kindergarten to Grade 12 academic school.
Find your ASN
If you attended a school or post-secondary institution in Alberta, you can find your ASN on documents issued by schools or Alberta Education. These include:
- a school report card
- a school ID card
- an Alberta Transcript of High School Achievement
- a Detailed Academic Report
- a Diploma or Certificate of Achievement letter
Students can view their ASN within myPass.
Detailed Academic Reports (DAR)
A DAR contains a student’s entire high school course mark history, including:
- all high school course attempts
- official course marks
- credits awarded
A DAR is an unofficial record and is intended for student use only. The Alberta Transcript of High School Achievement is the official record to be used by post-secondary institutions and all other recipients.
View your DAR using the myPass application.
Alberta Student Link
Alberta Student Link is a self-service website for out-of-province schools and authorities to request and download a student’s digital record.
How to use Alberta Student Link
The following student records forms are available to use if you are not able to access myPass:
- Update Personal Information Request Form (PDF, 602 KB)
- Proof Document Request Form (PDF, 577 KB)
- Transcript Order Form (PDF, 509 KB)
- Request for Certification (PDF, 697 KB)
- Proof of English Enrolment Request Form (PDF, 464 KB)
- Alberta Student Number (ASN) Request Form (PDF, 444 KB)
- Credential Reprint Request Form (PDF, 545 KB)
High school course codes
This lists all current course codes, as well as withdrawn courses and programs since the 2009 to 2010 school year. Course codes are used to manage student course enrolments and are listed on the Alberta Official Transcript of High School Achievement, along with the course name.
See a list of provincially authorized high school course codes.
For access to myPass call the Help Desk. MyPass access cannot be completed by email.
Connect with Transcripts and Diplomas:
Connect with Student Enrolment and Marks:
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.