The SGRR first came into effect in 2004, and requires facilities that emit 10,000 tonnes or more of specified gases to submit annual reports on their emissions.
Specified Gas Reporting Standard
The Specified Gas Reporting Standard details who is required to report specified gas emissions and how the information is collected. Facilities that are subject to reporting requirements under the SGRR must follow the requirements set out in the Specified Gas Reporting Standard.
Facilities subject to the SGRR report their emissions through the federal government’s Single Window Information Management (SWIM) System.
The reported information is used to inform policy development and for analysis and reporting purposes.
Alberta Greenhouse Gas Quantification Methodologies (AQM)
Quantification methodologies for emissions, production and other reported data are prescribed for facilities that are subject to the Technology Innovation and Emissions Reduction Regulation and the Specified Gas Reporting Regulation.
- Alberta Greenhouse Gas Quantification Methodologies
- Quantification Methodologies for the Carbon Competitiveness Incentive Regulation and the Specified Gas Reporting Regulation
- Record of Deviation Form
- Creating a Facility Boundary File Using Google Earth
The finalized AQM includes the following chapters:
- Chapter 1 Stationary Fuel Combustion
- Chapter 2 Flaring
- Chapter 4 Venting
- Chapter 5 On-Site Transportation
- Chapter 8 Industrial Processes
- Chapter 12 Imports
- Chapter 13 Production
- Chapter 14 Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Combustion of Biomass
- Chapter 15 Aggregate Facilities
- Chapter 16 Cogeneration Benchmark Calculations
- Chapter 17 Measurements, Sampling, Analysis and Data Management
- Appendix A References
- Appendix B Fuel Properties
- Appendix C General Calculation Instructions
- Appendix D Conversion Factors
- Appendix E Additional Information for the Alberta Gas Processing Index
Responses to Comments and Questions on Draft of Chapter 2 Flaring
The following table summarizing comments/questions received and the Alberta government's responses.
Draft AQM for comment period
There are no draft quantification methodologies for comment at this time.
Subscribe to mailing list
This automatic email system distributes information pertaining to the specified gas reporting program to subscribers. This list and the department’s website are the primary sources of information and updates on mandatory greenhouse gas emissions reporting.
Connect with the Alberta Climate Change Office by email at [email protected].