Search for a film(14A) Frightening Scenes, Violence
Dir: Danny Philippou, Michael Philippou. Horror. After learning that her friends have been communicating with spirits using an embalmed hand, a teenager (Sophie Wilde) attempting to speak to her deceased mother experiences terrifying results.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, sexual slurs, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence, most in self-harm and horror contexts - some blood and detail
- Infrequent references to suicide - some detail
- Frequent portrayals of transformations, frightening scenes, nightmarish imagery, and paranormal phenomena in a horror context - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context; infrequent references to cannabis use
- Coping with loss
- The paranormal
- Perspectives on friendship
Rated 14A for violence and frightening scenes in a genre context
Classification dateJune 29, 2023
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.