COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
To finalize ratings fees, distributors must provide the final number of screens in Alberta on which the rated films, trailers or other content will be displayed.
- You may provide this information after the film or trailer has received its rating, when the final number of screens has been confirmed.
- Clients will be invoiced for ratings fees within 4 weeks of reporting the final number of screens.
- Cheques must be in Canadian dollars.
Fill out the form below to report the final number of Alberta screens for your film or trailer.
The information is used pursuant to section 33(c) and section 39(1)(a) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Questions regarding the collection, use, or disclosure of this information, may be directed to the Alberta Film Classification Rating at 780-427-2006.
Questions about the FOIP Act may be directed to the Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women FOIP Office at 780-641-9907.