The COVID-19 pandemic is a public health emergency. See COVID-19 info for Albertans for up-to-date information.
Current emergency alerts
There are no current news items available in this feed.
- June 15, 2021
Albertans are encouraged to continue to book vaccination appointments as soon as possible so we can safely return to normal.
Make a plan
Learn how you and your family can prepare for an emergency or disaster.
Coping with emergencies (AHS)
Floods are the most frequent natural hazard. They can occur at any time of the year and are most often caused by heavy rainfall, rapid snow melt or ice jams.
- Alberta government call centre: 310-4455
- 24-hour Emergency income support:
- 1-866-644-5135 (outside Edmonton area)
- 780-644-5135 (Edmonton)
- Red Cross: 1-866-350-6070
- Alberta Road Reports: 511
- Call Health Link 811 if you're concerned about your health
- Call the 24-hour help line at 1-877-303-2642 if you’re stressed, overwhelmed or need to talk
- Alberta Supports Contact Centre:
- Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 8 pm at 1-877-644-9992