Current emergency alerts
Situations updates provide a summary of the actions the government is taking to respond to an emergency.
There are no current news items available in this feed.
Make a plan
Learn how you and your family can prepare for an emergency or disaster.
Coping with emergencies (AHS)
Floods are the most frequent natural hazard. They can occur at any time of the year and are most often caused by heavy rainfall, rapid snow melt or ice jams.
- Alberta government call centre: 310-4455
- Red Cross: 1-866-350-6070
- Alberta Supports Contact Centre: 1-877-644-9992 (Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 8 pm)
- 24-hour Health Link: 811
- 24-hour Mental Health Help Line: 1-877-303-2642
- 24-hour Emergency income support:
- 1-866-644-5135 (outside Edmonton area)
- 780-644-5135 (Edmonton)
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.