Updates on provincial emergencies and recovery information in Alberta.
There are no provincial emergencies to report.
Flood preparedness and recovery
Floods are the most frequent natural hazard in Canada. They can occur at any time of the year and are most often caused by heavy rainfall, rapid snow melt or ice jams.
- How to prepare for a flood (PDF, 143 KB)
- How to prepare for an evacuation order (PDF, 117 KB)
- Build a 72-hour emergency kit
- Coping with emergencies (Alberta Health Services)
- Flood recovery and support
- Apr 27, 2018
While Alberta’s spring overland flooding situation has stabilized in southern Alberta, it remains dynamic in central and northern regions of the province.
Current emergency alerts
There are no current news items available in this feed.