Updates on provincial emergencies and recovery information in Alberta.
Many regions in Alberta are experiencing overland flooding and eroding roadways due to melting snow.
Visit Alberta Emergency Alerts for updates and follow all instructions issued by local officials:
Visit 511 Alberta for highway conditions and closures.
Updated April 23 at 11 am
Floods are the most frequent natural hazard in Canada. They can occur at any time of the year and are most often caused by heavy rainfall, rapid snow melt or ice jams.
- How to prepare for a flood (PDF, 143 KB)
- How to prepare for an evacuation order (PDF, 117 KB)
- Build a 72-hour emergency kit
- Coping with emergencies (Alberta Health Services)
There are no current news items available in this feed.
Current emergency alerts
- Vulcan County
- County of Forty Mile No. 8
- Municipal District of Taber
- Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
- Central Peace Regional Emergency Management Agency
- Kneehill County
- Town of Drayton Valley
- Siksika Nation