Emergency updates

Updates on provincial emergencies and recovery information in Alberta.

Current situation

Many regions in Alberta are experiencing high water levels, overland flooding and eroding roadways due to melting snow. Visit:

Updated April 24 at 10:30 am

Flood preparedness

Floods are the most frequent natural hazard in Canada. They can occur at any time of the year and are most often caused by heavy rainfall, rapid snow melt or ice jams.

Current emergency alerts

Situation updates

    There are no current news items available in this feed.