Search for a film(14A) Sexual Violence
Dir: Marie Clements. Drama. After surviving the Canadian residential school system, a WWII Cree code talker (Grace Dove) struggles throughout her life to come to terms with the treatment she suffered at the hands of her Catholic abusers.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, vulgar expressions, ethno-cultural slurs, and sexual slurs
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, some involving children - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of and references to sexual violence, most involving children - no nudity, some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of consensual sexual activity - no nudity, some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- The residential school system
- Coping with trauma
Rated 14A for sexual violence and coarse language
Classification dateMay 25, 2023
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.