Search for a film(14A)
Dir: Sarah Polley. Drama. Based on the book by Miriam Toews. In an isolated religious community in 2010, a group of women gather in secret to decide whether they should leave or stay in the colony after suffering years of physical and sexual abuse.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of sexual slurs
- Frequent references to sexual assault - some detail; frequent portrayals of the aftermath of sexual and physical assault - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco use in a recreational context
- Gender, power, and control
- Forgiveness versus revenge
- Solidarity and the strength of community
Rated 14A for violence and mature subject matter
Classification dateNovember 22, 2022
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.