COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Search for a film(Parental Guidance) Mature Subject Matter
Dir: Stephen Chbosky. Musical/Drama. Based on the musical stage play, the book by Steven Levenson, with music and lyrics by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul. A socially awkward teenager (Ben Platt) finds himself at the center of a tragedy, after a letter he has written to himself is mistaken for another student's (Colton Ryan) suicide note.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity
- Infrequent references to suicide - little detail
- Brief portrayal of hand-to-hand violence in a bullying context - no blood or detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
- Social anxiety and depression
- Appearances versus reality
- Coping with grief and trauma
Rated PG for coarse language and mature subject matter
Classification dateSeptember 14, 2021
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.