Search for a film(14A) Coarse Language
Dir: Sidney Lumet. Drama. In order to boost its ratings, a television network exploits a mentally unstable news anchorman (Peter Finch) after he threatens to commit suicide on-air.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, sexual and ethno-cultural slurs
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references – little detail
- Infrequent references to suicide – little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and gun violence, some in a suicide context – little blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity – no nudity, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- Exploitation and mass media
Rated 14A for coarse language
Classification dateJune 28, 2021
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.