COVID-19 response: Movie theatres must close
Effective December 13, 2020 some businesses are required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access. This includes movie theatres. These mandatory restrictions apply provincewide and will remain in place until further notice.
Learn more about mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Dir: Dan Mazer. Comedy. Hoping to find friendship with a French exchange student (Avan Jogia), an awkward teenager (Ed Oxenbould) discovers that the student is not as sophisticated and cultured as he assumed.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references - some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to hand violence - no blood or detail
- Portrayal of self-harm - no blood, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity - buttock nudity, some detail
- Infrequent breast nudity in an art context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- Unlikely friendships
- Coming of age
- Finding confidence
Rated 14A for coarse language and sexual activity