COVID-19 response: Movie theatres must close
Effective December 13, 2020 some businesses are required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access. This includes movie theatres. These mandatory restrictions apply provincewide and will remain in place until further notice.
Learn more about mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Dir: Michael Chaves. Horror. Based on characters created by Chad Hayes and Carey W. Hayes. The Warrens (Vera Farmiga, Patrick Wilson) investigate a murder that may be linked to a demonic possession.
- Infrequent use of cursing and profanity
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence in a horror context - blood, little detail; infrequent portrayals of self-harm - some blood, little detail
- Frequent nightmarish imagery, portrayals of corpses, and unexplained aural and visual phenomena – some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- Courage and faith
- The possibility of supernatural events
Rated 14A for violence and frightening scenes