COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to remain open
Effective November 27, 2020 new restrictions will limit the amount of contact between people in the community, while still allowing businesses to offer services. Movie theatres in enhanced status (purple) areas may remain open with capacity limited to 25% of the occupancy as set under the Alberta Fire Code.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Dir: Marc Meyers. Drama/Romance. The wedding plans of a couple (Jessica Rothe, Harry Shum Jr) are complicated when the groom receives a cancer diagnosis.
- Infrequent use of profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of illness - little blood or detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context - little detail
- The power of love
- Coping with grief
Rated PG for coarse language