COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to remain open
Effective November 27, 2020 new restrictions will limit the amount of contact between people in the community, while still allowing businesses to offer services. Movie theatres in enhanced status (purple) areas may remain open with capacity limited to 25% of the occupancy as set under the Alberta Fire Code.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Dir: Alex Appel, Jonathan Lisecki. Romance/Comedy. Based on the novel "Persuasion" by Jane Austen. Several years after their breakup, an executive (Alicia Witt) struggles to maintain a professional relationship with her ex-boyfriend (Shane McRae) when he hires her advertising company to help launch his new social media platform.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent references to sexual activity - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
- Appearances versus reality
Rated PG for coarse language, mild sexual references, and alcohol