COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to remain open
Effective November 27, 2020 new restrictions will limit the amount of contact between people in the community, while still allowing businesses to offer services. Movie theatres in enhanced status (purple) areas may remain open with capacity limited to 25% of the occupancy as set under the Alberta Fire Code.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Biography/Drama. As Herman Mankiewicz (Gary Oldman) writes the script for 'Citizen Kane', he reminisces about his relationships with William Randolph Hearst (Charles Dance), Marion Davies (Amanda Seyfried), and others.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, scatological slang, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence – no blood or detail; infrequent references to suicide – little detail
- Pervasive portrayals of smoking and alcohol use, most in a recreational context, some in an addiction context – little detail
- The artistic temperament
- Behind the scenes
- The history of Hollywood
Rated PG for coarse language and substance use