COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to remain open
Effective November 27, 2020 new restrictions will limit the amount of contact between people in the community, while still allowing businesses to offer services. Movie theatres in enhanced status (purple) areas may remain open with capacity limited to 25% of the occupancy as set under the Alberta Fire Code.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Documentary. Environmental activist, Greenpeace co-founder, and Sea Shepherd Conservation Society found Paul Watson reflects on his career trying to stop the illegal poaching of marine life.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs
- Infrequent depictions of violence involving animals – some blood and detail; infrequent descriptions of violence involving – some detail
- Infrequent depictions of tobacco use in a recreational context
- Environmental stewardship
- Dedication to a cause
- Man's impact on nature
Rated PG for some detailed violence involving animals in a documentary context