COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Korean-language Drama/Crime. Based on the play by Kim Kwang-rim. In 1986, a detective (Song Kang-ho) investigates a series of sexually-motivated murders.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and developmental slurs
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence - little blood, some detail
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references to sexual assault - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity - no nudity, some detail
- Infrequent breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- Dedication to a purpose
- The search for the truth
Rated 14A for coarse language, violence, sexual content, and mature subject matter