COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama/Horror. Based on the graphic novel by Cullen Bunn. A former police officer (James Badge Dale) helps his neighbour (Marin Ireland) search for her daughter (Sasha Frolova), but he comes across mysterious phenomena and a secretive organization.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity
- Frequent, detailed portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, some involving breast nudity - much blood, some detail
- Frequent portrayals of frightening scenes, nightmarish imagery, and transformations - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity - no nudity, little detail
- Infrequent breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of smoking and alcohol use in a recreational context - little detail
- Search for truth
- Coping with trauma
- Unexplained phenomena
Rated 14A for frightening scenes and violence