COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama/Horror. When a small traditional community is plagued with death and disease, they lay the blame on a mysterious young woman (Catherine Walker).
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context, some in an aggressive context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of suicide - blood and some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of unexplained phenomena and nightmarish imagery
- Infrequent portrayals of animal carcasses - some blood and detail
- Infrequent breast, female frontal and male frontal nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
- The unexplained
- Mother/daughter bonds
- Community and belonging
Rated 14A for violence and coarse language