COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Mandarin-language War/Drama. In 1937, a group of Chinese soldiers defend a warehouse in Shanghai from a siege by the Japanese army.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of vulgar expressions; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, scatological slang, and sexual and ethno-cultural slurs
- Pervasive portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence in a war context, some in a torture context - much blood and detail
- Infrequent buttock nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of smoking and alcohol use in recreational and historical contexts
- Perspectives on courage
- The Second Sino-Japanese War
Rated 14A for brutal, gory violence in a historical war context